The words and phrases used in this chapter shall, for the purposes of this chapter, have the meanings respectively ascribed to them by Article 1 of the Vehicle and Traffic Law of the State of New York.
The following words and phrases, which are not defined by Article 1 of the Vehicle and Traffic Law of the State of New York, shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them in this section for the purposes of this chapter:
- The prolongation of the lateral line of a curb or, in the absence of a curb, the lateral boundary line of the roadway.
- GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT RATING (GVWR)
- The maximum permissible weight of the vehicle or trailer
when fully loaded for travel. This includes the unloaded vehicle weight,
all fluids, cargo, optional equipment and accessories. The tow vehicle
and trailer each have a GVWR.[Added 4-2-2018 by Ord. No. 2018-02]
- New Year's Day, Lincoln's Birthday, Washington's Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- OFFICIAL TIME STANDARD
- Whenever certain hours are named herein or on traffic control devices, they shall mean the time standard which is in current use in this state.
The Highway Superintendent shall install and maintain traffic control devices when and as required under the provisions of this chapter, to make effective the provisions of this chapter, and may install and maintain such additional traffic control devices as he may deem necessary to regulate, warn or guide traffic under the Vehicle and Traffic Law of the State of New York, subject to the provisions of §§ 1682 and 1684 of that law.
For the purpose of maintaining an accurate record of all regulations adopted under the provisions of this chapter, there is hereby established a system of schedules, appearing as Article VI of this chapter, in which shall be entered all regulations after adoption. Such schedules shall be deemed a part of the section to which they refer. All regulations shall be adopted with reference to the appropriate schedule as indicated in the various sections of this chapter.
Regulations shall be adopted by the Town Board in accordance with provisions of the Town Law and the Vehicle and Traffic Law, or by an officer or agency authorized by the Town Board to adopt regulations pursuant to § 1603 of the Vehicle and Traffic Law.