[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Board of the Town of Corinth 10-6-1988 as L.L. No. 4-1988. Amendments noted where applicable.]
It is recognized that buildings and establishments operated as adult bookstores have serious objectionable operational characteristics. In order to promote the health, safety and general welfare of the residents of the Town of Corinth, this chapter is intended to restrict adult bookstores within the Town of Corinth. The Town of Corinth hereby finds that the operational characteristics of adult bookstores increase the detrimental impact on a community when such uses are concentrated or otherwise; therefore, this chapter is intended to promote the health, safety and general welfare of the residents of the Town of Corinth by prohibiting such use.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- ADULT BOOKSTORE
- An establishment or business, whether retail or wholesale, having as a substantial or significant portion of its stock-in-trade books, magazines and other periodicals, films and viewing materials for sale or viewing on premises, by use of motion-picture devices or any coin-operated means, which are distinguished or characterized by their emphasis on matter depicting, describing or relating to specified sexual activities or specified anatomical areas.
- SPECIFIED ANATOMICAL AREAS
- The male genitals in a state of sexual arousal and/or the vulva or
more intimate parts of the female genitals.[Added 12-5-1996 by L.L. No. 2-1996]
- SPECIFIED SEXUAL ACTIVITIES
- Includes any of the following:[Added 12-5-1996 by L.L. No. 2-1996]
It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly conduct, maintain, own, lease, manage, operate or furnish an adult bookstore in the Town of Corinth.
Any person, firm, association, partnership or corporation found guilty of violating any of the provisions of this chapter shall be guilty of a violation and shall be subject to a fine not to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250.) or to imprisonment not to exceed fifteen (15) days, or to both such fine and imprisonment.
The continuation of an offense under this chapter, after notice of such, shall constitute, for each day the offense continues, a separate and distinct violation herein.