[HISTORY: Adopted by the Township Committee (now Township Council) of the Township of Logan 6-10-1981 as Ord. No. 6-1981. Amendments noted when applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Any individual or group of individuals composing any community of interest, firm, partnership, corporation, political subdivision or authority.
- POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS SUBSTANCE
- Any substance which is, in its production and/or disposal, regulated by any governmental agency for the purpose of protecting health, safety or welfare of citizens from the actual or potential threat imposed by noncompliant production and/or disposal of such substances, and shall specifically include chemical waste, sewage, septage or any other chemical or biological wastes.
- REGULATED VEHICLE
- Any vehicle duly authorized by the Board of Public Utilities or other regulating agency of the State of New Jersey.
- Movement from one location to another by use of a vehicle or container upon public streets or highways.
No person shall transport a potentially dangerous substance through the Township of Logan unless transportation is made on a duly regulated vehicle which prominently displays a certificate of approval from an appropriate governmental agency.
No person shall dispose of, dump or place any potentially dangerous substance into any manhole, pipe, sewage line or any other receptacle/field, stream/lot situate within the Township of Logan.
The only authorized disposal facility for sewage and septage within the Township of Logan shall be the Logan Township Municipal Utilities Authority or any other agency authorized by law to accept such substances. Other potentially dangerous substances not authorized to be disposed of at the Logan Township Municipal Utilities Authority shall be disposed of only with the agency authorized by law to dispose of such potentially dangerous substances.
[Amended 12-7-1985 by Ord. No. 8-1985]
Any person who violates any provision of this chapter by transporting a potentially dangerous substance in an unregulated vehicle or who disposes of a potentially dangerous substance in a place other than authorized shall, upon conviction, be subject to a fine not to exceed $1,000 or imprisonment not to exceed 90 days, or both. If any person performs a series of prohibited transactions, each transaction shall be deemed to be a separate violation of this chapter for sentencing purposes.