[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Selectmen of the Town of Orange 11-20-1984. Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- ALCOHOLIC LIQUOR
- Has the same meaning as set forth in Section 30-1 of the Connecticut General Statutes.
- MOTOR VEHICLE
- Has the same meaning as set forth in Section 14-1(26) of the Connecticut General Statutes.
- OPEN CONTAINER
- Any open bottle; any bottle which was sealed by a liquor tax stamp, which seal has been broken, whether or not stopped; any can which has been opened in any way; any keg or dispensing device which is set up to dispense; or any glass, cup, jar or other vessel.
- PARKING AREA
- A lot, area or other accommodation for the parking of motor vehicles off the street or highway and open to public use with or without charge.
- PUBLIC AREA
- Any Town-owned park, green, outdoor recreation area, school building or grounds, or any outdoor area which is upon or within Town-owned land.
- SCHOOL BUILDING OR GROUNDS
- Amity Regional Junior High School and any building or land governed by the Town of Orange Board of Education.
- TOWN PARKING AREA
- A parking area owned by the Town, including any existing on school grounds.
Editor's Note: See now § 14-1(47) of the Connecticut General Statutes.
Except as permitted herein, no person shall consume any alcoholic liquor, or possess any open container of alcoholic liquor, upon or within the limits of any public area or parking area within the Town of Orange. For purposes of this chapter, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the consumption of alcoholic liquor or the possession of an open container of alcoholic liquor in a motor vehicle parked within or upon a public area or a parking area is a violation hereof. Consumption of alcoholic liquor and possession of an open container of alcoholic liquor is permitted during any function, festival, event or celebration conducted on or within a public area or parking area pursuant to any law, statute, ordinance, resolution or permit issued by the Chief of Police of the Town of Orange authorizing sale and/or consumption of alcoholic liquor in or upon such public area or parking area.
No person shall use any outside wall of a school building or any Town-owned building, for ball playing of any kind, including but not limited to handball, racquetball, tennis and jai alai.
No person shall climb onto, enter upon or remain on the roof of any school building or other Town-owned building.
Motor vehicles, motorcycles, mini-bikes, go-carts, trail-bikes, mopeds, motor scooters, dirt bikes and any other motorized or combustible engine vehicles are prohibited in public areas as defined herein, except in or upon areas designated for such vehicular traffic.
Mini-bikes, go-carts, trail-bikes, mopeds, motor scooters, dirt bikes and any other motorized or combustible engine vehicles not registered for operation upon highways are prohibited in any Town parking area.
It shall be unlawful for any person to enter upon or remain within any public area after the hour of 9:00 p.m. unless participating in a Town-authorized function.
No person shall ride a horse upon land governed by the Orange Board of Education.
The owner or person having custody or control of any domestic animal shall maintain custody or control of such domestic animal by way of leash, and shall remove any solid waste of such domestic animal from any public area. Failure to comply with this section shall constitute a violation of this chapter.
No provision hereof shall make unlawful any act necessarily performed by any person on behalf of the Town of Orange in line of duty or work, or by any person, his agent or employees, in the proper and necessary execution of the terms of any agreement with the Town.
Any person who violates any provision of this chapter shall be subject to arrest and prosecution by the proper authorities and may be fined an amount not to exceed $100 for each violation.