[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Council of the Town of Wallingford 1-15-1971 by Ord. No. 145. Amendments noted where applicable.]
The following-described flag shall be the official flag of the Town of Wallingford:
The dimensions of the flag shall be five feet six inches in length and four feet four inches in width.
The background of the flag shall be purple charged with a pale blue globe in the center, said globe to be divided by a white line 11/8 inches in width and 19 inches in length, both vertically and horizontally.
In the upper left-hand section of the globe, there shall be three gears, one larger and two smaller, gold in color, which stand for Wallingford's industry.
In the lower left-hand section of the globe, there shall be a bundle of stalks of wheat, gold in color, bound with a one-eighth-inch black band, which stands for our forefathers who were farmers.
In the upper right-hand section of the globe, there shall be an open book, white in color, with a one-eighth-inch black border, which stands for knowledge and education.
In the lower right-hand section of the globe, there shall be an eight-pointed star, gold in color, which is the Star of Creation. The four rays extending from it stand for religious freedom, justice, courage and liberty.
Across the top, the flag shall bear the word WALLINGFORD in white letters.
Below the globe shall be a white streamer, cleft at each end, and upon the streamer in purple letters the motto TEXTUM EMIT TERRAM, meaning "The Cloth Bought the Land."
At the bottom, the flag shall bear the year "1670" in white; the whole design being the Arms of the Town of Wallingford.