[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Council of the Town of Wallingford 12-11-1979 by Ord. No. 275. Amendments noted where applicable.]
This chapter shall be known and may be cited as the "Woodcutting Ordinance."
Definitions. For the purposes of this chapter, the following terms, phrases, words and their derivations shall have the meanings given herein:
- DESIGNATED SITE
- That site which is marked by the Forester and which will correspond to the designation on the individual permit.
- A collective body of blood relatives who live in one house and under one head or management.
- PERMITTED AREA
- Those portions of town-owned land specifically designated by resolution of the Town Council in session as areas where wood may be taken.
- An individual human being, excluding firms, partnerships, associations, corporations, legal representatives, trustees or any other type of organization.
- A living unit occupied by a family.
- The Town of Wallingford.
Word usage. When not inconsistent with the context, words used in the present tense include the future, words in the plural number include the singular number, and words in the singular number include the plural number. The word "shall" is always mandatory and not merely directory.
No person shall cut or remove any wood from any town-owned property except in accordance with a valid permit issued pursuant to this chapter.
Applications for permits issued in accordance with this chapter shall be made upon blank forms prepared and made available by the Town Clerk and shall state:
The permit issued pursuant to § 227-4 of this chapter shall be kept on the person of the permittee at all times during which the permittee is engaged in woodcutting.
Permittees shall cut no standing trees, bushes or shrubs. Only trees and branches lying on the ground may be cut. No cutting or taking of wood of any kind shall be permitted outside of the permittee designated site.
The Mayor and/or his designated representative shall revoke any permit issued hereunder whenever it is found that the rules and regulations promulgated hereunder have been violated.
The Mayor and/or his designated representative shall prepare and enforce reasonable rules and regulations for the implementation of this chapter, which regulations shall be approved by the Town Council of the Town of Wallingford and thereafter shall have the effect of an ordinance.
Any violation of this chapter shall be subject to a fine not to exceed $100 for each offense.