[HISTORY: Adopted by the Township Council of the Township of Cedar Grove 8-20-1962, Ch. 20, Art. 5, of the former Revised Ordinances. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Uniform construction codes — See Ch. 119.
Individual sewage disposal systems — See Ch. 213.
Sewers — See Ch. 217.
Streets and sidewalks — See Ch. 230.
Subdivision of land — See Ch. 234.
Trees — See Ch. 246.
Water — See Ch. 259.
Adoption of technical specifications — See N.J.S.A. 40:69A-181.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT SPECIFICATIONS CODE
- That certain written code entitled "Township of Cedar Grove Code Governing Specifications for Certain Public Improvements," heretofore filed in the respective offices of the Township Clerk and the Township Engineer on August 20, 1962, and as supplemented by ordinance adopted on April 1, 1963, prescribing standard technical specifications and regulations governing certain public improvements, as follows:
- A. Construction of concrete and granite block curbs.
- B. Construction of concrete sidewalks.
- C. Construction of bituminous concrete pavements.
- D. Construction and installation of water mains.
- E. Construction and installation of sanitary sewer mains.
- F. Construction and installation of storm sewer mains.
- G. Planting of shade trees.
There is hereby adopted and incorporated herein by reference the whole of the Public Improvement Specifications Code defined in § 201-1, as though its text had been set forth herein at length. Ten copies of said code have been placed on file with the office of the Township Clerk and in the office of the Township Engineer, who is hereby charged with the enforcement thereof, and shall remain in said respective offices for the use and examination of the public so long as this chapter shall remain in effect.
All sidewalks and curbs, bituminous concrete pavements, water mains, sewer mains, storm drains and shade tree plantings shall be constructed, installed or planted, as the case may be, in accordance with the provisions of the Public Improvement Specifications Code defined in § 201-1.
[Added 3-21-1966 by Ord. No, 66-6]
The provisions of the code referred to in §§ 201-1, 201-2 and 201-3 are amended in the following respects:
Par. 7. Granite block curb to be constructed as follows:
Concrete to be Class C. Bottom of concrete bed to be a minimum of 16 inches below grade. Width of bed at bottom to be 12 inches. Each granite block to be backed by at least four inches of concrete. Block to be set with a one-half-inch batter. Blocks to have six inches of exposed face at pavement. Granite blocks to be between 10 inches and 12 inches long. Transverse joints between granite blocks shall be 3/4 inch and shall be filled with cement mortar, one part portland cement to three parts mason's sand. The joint shall be struck flush and pointed.
[Added 12-17-1962; amended 7-30-1984 by Ord. No. 84-222; 10-23-2006 by Ord. No. 06-656]
Any person who violates any provision of this chapter shall, upon conviction thereof, be punished by a fine not exceeding $2,000 or by imprisonment for a term not exceeding 90 days, or both. A separate offense shall be deemed committed on each day during or on which a violation occurs or continues.