[HISTORY: Adopted by the Village Board of Village of Cottage Grove 9-19-1988. Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- DISASSEMBLED, INOPERABLE, JUNKED OR WRECKED MOTOR VEHICLES, TRUCK BODIES, TRACTORS OR TRAILERS
- Motor vehicles, recreational vehicles, truck bodies, tractors, farm machinery or trailers in such state of physical or mechanical ruin as to be incapable of propulsion or being operated upon the public streets or highways or which are otherwise not in safe or legal condition for operation on public streets or highways due to missing or inoperative parts, flat or removed tires, expired or missing license plates or other defects.
- INOPERABLE APPLIANCE
- Any stove, washer, refrigerator or other appliance which is no longer operable in the sense for which it was manufactured.
- MOTOR VEHICLE
- As defined in s. 340.01(35), Wis. Stats.
- UNLICENSED MOTOR VEHICLES, TRUCK BODIES, TRACTORS OR TRAILERS
- Motor vehicles, truck bodies, tractors, recreational vehicles or trailers which do not bear lawful current license plates.
The accumulation of garbage, waste, refuse, trash, an inoperable appliance, any used motor vehicle upon which no current license plate is displayed, any inoperable or disassembled motor vehicle, any used tire or used motor vehicle part and any scrap material such as metal, paper, rags, cans or bottles or other unsightly debris such as may tend to depreciate property values in the area or create an attractive nuisance or hazard or other nuisance shall not be allowed on any lot or parcel of land within the corporate limits, except as may be allowed by permit issued by the Village Board, or except such materials as are properly housed and out of public view.
[Added 11-20-2006 by Ord. No. 15-2006]
No person shall deposit, throw, place or dump any deleterious matter, including, but not limited to, any garbage, offal, dead animals, combustible materials, refuse, brush or yard waste in any park, lane, alley, street, public grounds or public place within the Village, nor place any deleterious matter, including, but not limited to, any garbage, offal, dead animals, combustible materials, refuse, brush or yard waste upon any private property without the owner's permission.
"Yard waste" means:
When the person or persons in charge of any property are in violation of this chapter, the Law Enforcement Department shall have the authority to order the premises cleaned, placed in order and made sightly within 10 days from the order, as specified in the order.
If the premises are not cleaned, placed in order and made sightly within the time specified in the order, the person or persons in charge of the property shall be considered in violation of the provision of this chapter and subject to the penalties hereinafter provided for violation.
Any cost incurred in the removal and sale of said vehicle or appliance shall be recovered from the owner. However, if the owner of the vehicle or appliance cannot readily be found, the cost of such removal shall be charged to the property from which it is removed, which charges shall be entered as a special charge on the tax roll.