Town of Zolfo Springs, FL
Hardee County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
No person shall subdivide real property or construct any residential, commercial or industrial building within the incorporated area of the Town without first requesting water and sewer service from the Utility Department.
All requests for service shall be made by submitting a formal application for water and wastewater service to the Utility Department. The initial application will be reviewed by the Department to determine the apparent feasibility of and requirements for providing service.
All costs and expenses incident to the installation and connection of the plumbing of any structure to the utility system shall be borne by the applicant.
By filing the application or accepting utility service, the applicant agrees to indemnify and hold the Town harmless against any personal injury, including death, property damage, loss or cost, including attorney fees, that may directly or indirectly result from the installation of the project's utility facilities or customer service assembly that are not caused due to negligence by the Town or its officers or employees.
A separate and independent building sewer shall be provided for every building, except where an accessory building stands at the rear of another on an interior lot and no private sewer is available or can be constructed to the rear accessory building through an adjoining alley, court, yard or driveway, the building sewer from the front building may be extended to the rear building and the whole considered as one building sewer. Connection and inspection fees shall be paid for the additional building(s).
Old building sewers may be used in connection with new buildings only when they are found, on examination and approved testing by the Utility Department, to meet all requirements of this chapter.
In the construction of either on-site or off-site utility facilities, the applicant shall use only materials and practices approved by the Town, which materials and practices may be established in the rules and regulations or in accordance with direction from the Town Engineer.
Applications for single residential homes shall be made directly to the Mayor through the Clerk's office.
All applicants for service in the Town shall complete an application form provided by the Clerk and approved by the Town Mayor.
All applications for single- or multifamily developments and commercial and other establishments involving water or wastewater flows in excess of 2,000 gallons per day must prove ownership or legal control over the property wherein service will be rendered, and the applications shall be submitted by a registered professional engineer unless otherwise approved by the Town.