Village of Warwick, NY
Orange County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Written application for water service to any premises must be filed with the Village Clerk on a form provided for such purpose. This must be properly submitted with the correct fee before any tap permit will be considered.
All houses, buildings or properties used for human occupation, employment, recreation or other purposes shall be required to be connected to the Village water system. It shall hereafter be unlawful to drill, dig or maintain any new well or other facility intended or used for the consumption or other use of water except upon prior application to and authorization from the Board of Trustees. Such permission may be granted by said Board only upon the showing of severe hardship and uniqueness of circumstances and only where such use would be in the best interests of the Village.
[Added 4-10-1989 by L.L. No. 9-1989]
In the event of the transfer of ownership of any property, the new owner must file such application for water service.
[Amended 3-15-2004 by L.L. No. 1-2004]
An application that requires a tap permit must be accompanied by the standard tapping fee specified in Chapter 63, Fees.
[Amended 3-15-2004 by L.L. No. 1-2004]
Water required for construction or other temporary purpose shall only be used after written application to the Board of Trustees for permission to use the same, and the Board shall have the right and power to fix such terms as the Board may deem proper for such temporary use. The fee per application shall be as set forth in Chapter 63, Fees. Each request for a tax would require a separate application.