For the purpose of these regulations, certain words and terms used herein are defined as follows:
- CLERK OF THE PLANNING BOARD
- That person who shall be designated to perform the duties of the Clerk of the Planning Board for all purposes of these regulations.
- COMPREHENSIVE PLAN
- A composite of the mapped and written proposals recommending
the physical development of the town prepared by the Planning Board
pursuant to § 272-a of the Town Law, which indicates the
general locations recommended for various public works and reservations
and for the general physical development of the town and includes
any part of such plan separately adopted and any amendment to such
plan or parts thereof.[Amended 4-18-2000 by L.L. No. 1-2000]
- DESIGN CRITERIA AND CONSTRUCTION SPECIFICATIONS
- The Design Criteria and Construction Specifications for Land Development of the Town of Parma as adopted or used as a policy document, and any amendments or additions thereto.
- DRAINAGE RIGHT-OF-WAY
- The lands required for the installation of stormwater sewers or drainage ditches, or required along a natural stream or watercourse for preserving the channel and providing for the flow of water therein to safeguard the public against flood damage.
- The lands created through authorization by a property owner for the use by another and for a specified purpose of any designated part of his property.
- FINAL PLAT
- A drawing, in final form, showing a proposed subdivision containing all information or detail required by law and by Article V of these regulations to be presented to the Planning Board for approval and which, if approved, may be duly filed or recorded by the applicant in the office of the Monroe County Clerk.
- LETTER OF CREDIT or GUARANTY
- Any security which may be accepted in lieu of a requirement that certain improvements be made before the Planning Board approves a plat, including letters of credit, escrow agreements and other similar collateral or surety agreements.
- A piece, parcel or plot of land intended as a unit for transfer of ownership or for development.
- OFFICIAL MAP
- The map, if any, established by the Town Board under § 270 of the Town Law showing the streets, highways and parks heretofore laid out, adopted and established by law, and any amendments thereto adopted by the Town Board or additions thereto resulting from the approval of subdivision plats by the Planning Board and the subsequent filing of such approved plats.
- PLANNING BOARD
- The Town of Parma Planning Board as established pursuant to the provisions of Article 16 of the Town Law.
- PRELIMINARY PLAT
- The preliminary drawing or drawings indicating the proposed layout of the subdivision to be submitted to the Planning Board for its consideration and meeting the requirements of Article V.
- PRIVATE DRIVES
- A right-of-way providing access to more than one building site with maintenance shared between the several owners of the property served by the right-of-way.
- Revision of all or part of an existing filed plat including consolidation of lots.
- SETBACK LINE
- The legally established lines within a lot in which Chapter 165, Zoning, allows development. The front setback line shall be measured from the edge of the highway right-of-way, after road widening dedication, and the distance shall be measured perpendicular to it.
- Any street, avenue, boulevard, road, lane, parkway, alley or other way which is an existing state, county or municipal roadway or way shown upon a plat theretofore approved pursuant to law or approved by official action, or a street or way on a plat duly filed and recorded in the office of the County Clerk of Monroe County prior to the appointment of a Planning Board and the grant to such Board of the power to review plats, and includes the land between the street lines, whether improved or unimproved, and may comprise pavement, shoulders, gutters, sidewalks, parking area and other areas within the street lines. The term "street" shall only apply to those ways dedicated or claimed to be dedicated to the public. For nonpublic ways see "private drives." For the purpose of these regulations, streets shall be classified as follows:
- STREET PAVEMENT
- The wearing or exposed surface of the roadway used by vehicular traffic.
- STREET WIDTH
- The distance between property lines or right-of-way lines.
- SUBDIVIDER; DEVELOPER
- Any person, firm, corporation, partnership or association who shall lay out, for the purpose of sale, lease, transfer of ownership or development, any subdivision or part thereof as defined herein, either for himself or others.
- The division of any parcel of land into two or more lots, sites, parcels or other divisions of land for the purpose, whether immediate or future, of sale, lease or transfer of ownership or for building development, and shall include resubdivision. The term "subdivision" may be used to include all divisions or may refer to divisions which do not fit the "one-lot" subdivision definition. Where there is a question regarding proper interpretation of the term, and standards and procedures herein, it shall be the responsibility of the Planning Board to provide clarification.
- SUBDIVISION, ONE-LOT
- Any subdivision consisting of one building site on a parcel of land owned by the applicant, or the development of a previously approved subdivision lot or unplatted parcel for which building site information was not previously submitted under other provisions of these regulations or in accord with previous subdivision procedures.
- TOWN ENGINEER
- The duly designated engineer of the Town of Parma.
- TOWN OFFICIAL MAP
- A map established by the Town Board pursuant to §§ 270
and 273 of the Town Law, or additions thereto resulting from the approval
of subdivisions by the Planning Board and the filing of such plats
pursuant to § 279 of the Town Law.[Amended 4-18-2000 by L.L. No. 1-2000]
- UNDEVELOPED PLATS
- Those plats where 20% or more of the lots within the plat are unimproved unless existing conditions, such as poor drainage, have prevented their development.