This chapter shall be known and may be cited as the "Town of Collins Water Service Law."
This chapter shall apply to all existing water districts and any other water district that may be hereafter established in the Town of Collins.
As used in this chapter, unless the context or subject matter otherwise requires, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- Owner or owners of premises supplied with water from the system (not a tenant.)
- Any water district established in the Town of Collins.
- GOOSE NECK
- That portion of the service line extending from the corporation stop in the district main to the curb stop at the edge of the public highway.
- SENIOR WATER OPERATOR
- The person designated and appointed by the Town Board to supervise the operation of the district system, inspect and supervise the installation of connections to the system, supervise the employees of the district, and enforce this chapter and any other rules and regulations of the district, and policies of the Town Board.
- Source of supply, reservoirs, reservoir sites, chlorination apparatus, water mains, hydrants, pipes, and all appurtenances of district water supply and distribution facilities.
Every person who shall be supplied with water by the district shall be deemed to have accepted and approved the provisions of this chapter and all other rules and regulations of the district. The continuance to take water after any amendment or change of or addition to this chapter and such rules and regulations shall be deemed an acceptance of such amendment, change or addition.
Any person desiring to be supplied with water from the system shall make application, in writing, to the Senior Water Operator's office or the Town Clerk's office, upon blanks prescribed and furnished by the district. Current tap fee and drawing of intended work shall accompany the signed application.