[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Board of the Town of Mount Pleasant 3-12-2019 by L.L. No. 3-2019. Amendments noted where applicable.]
When not inconsistent with the context, words used in the present tense include the future, words used in the plural number include the singular number, and words used in the singular number include the plural number. The word "shall" is always mandatory and not merely directory.
For the purpose of this chapter, the following terms, phrases, words and their derivations shall have the meanings given herein:
- Means "marijuana", or "concentrated cannabis."
- (a) The separate resin, whether crude or purified, obtained from a plant of the genus Cannabis; or
- (b) A material, preparation, mixture, compound or other substance which contains more than 2 1/2% by weight of delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol, or its isomer, delta-8 dibenzopyran numbering system, tetrahydorcannabinol or its isomer, delta numbering system, or delta-II (6) monterpene.
- Any person, firm, institution, government or governmental subdivision or agency, partnership, association, corporation, company business trust, estate, trust, or organization of any kind.
- PUBLIC PLACE
- A place to which the public or a substantial group of persons has access, and includes, but is not limited to, highways, sidewalks, transportation facilities, schools, places of amusement, parks, playgrounds, hallways, lobbies and other portions of apartment houses and hotels not constituting rooms or apartments designed for actual residence.
- The Town of Mount Pleasant.
No person or persons shall:
Any person who shall violate any provision of this chapter shall be fined in an amount not exceeding $1,000 or be imprisoned in the county jail for a term not exceeding 15 days, or both, upon conviction of such violation. Each day such violation is committed or permitted to continue shall constitute a separate violation and shall be punishable as such hereunder.
Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to abrogate or impair the powers of any department of the Town to enforce any of its ordinances or regulations nor prevent or punish for violations thereof. The provisions of this chapter shall be in addition and supplemental to the provisions of any other law or ordinance.