There is hereby established in the Borough of Chester (hereafter "Borough") a public water system which shall be known and designated as "Chester Borough Public Water System." All correspondence and administrative business are carried out at the official office of the Borough, which is as follows:
Borough of Chester
300 Main Street
Chester, New Jersey 07930
Business hours are: Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Operation. The said water system shall be operated by the Borough as a municipal public utility as defined in and subject to the provisions of Title 40A of the New Jersey Statutes and all fees and charges received by the Borough in connection therewith shall be kept in a fund separate from other Borough revenues, to be used only for the purposes of such municipal public utility.
Inclusion of public water facilities for use in Borough. The Chester Borough Public Water System shall include all public water facilities which the Borough may from time to time construct, acquire and/or maintain for the purposes of the collection, treatment and disposal of water within the Borough.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- ADMINISTRATIVE AUTHORITY
- Any department and/or person within the municipal government of the Borough authorized by the Mayor of Chester Borough to enforce this article.
- The property owner or property owners; or, if owned by a corporation, a corporate officer duly authorized to act on behalf of the corporation; or, if owned by a partnership, the partner(s) authorized to bind the partnership; or an authorized agent of the owner, certified to the Borough as such, making application for permission following review and approval of plans and specifications to connect to the Boroughs water system.
- The Borough of Chester, in the County of Morris and State of New Jersey.
- Any person or party, who or which is the recipient of services from the Borough.
- The person, corporation, partnership or entity which is the owner of record of the subject property needing water service.
- PUBLIC WATER SYSTEM
- The Boroughs water and service connections up to and including the curb stop.
- SERVICE LINE
- A water pipe servicing a property for an individual owner, connected to a Borough water main.