[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Board of the Town of Tuxedo 12-9-1992 as L.L. No. 7-1992. Amendments noted where applicable.]
For the purpose of this chapter, the terms used herein are defined as follows:
- ACTION OR PROCEEDING
- Any action or proceeding which may be instituted in the Justice Court of the Town of Tuxedo in connection with an alleged violation of any of the ordinances of the Town of Tuxedo.
- Any improved real property located within the Town of Tuxedo which, in whole or in part, is non-owner-occupied.
- Any individual or individuals, partnership or corporation, whether for profit or otherwise, in whose name title to a building stands.
- A summons or any notice, mandate or other paper or process issued under any provision of the Code of the Town of Tuxedo.
- TOWN CLERK
- Either the Town Clerk or any Deputy Town Clerk of the Town of Tuxedo.
Every owner of property located within the Town of Tuxedo shall file:
A statement of designation, signed and verified in the office of the Town Clerk setting forth the name and address, by street and number within the Town of Tuxedo, of an agent upon whom process may be served in any action or proceeding which may be commenced or instituted against said owner.
A designation, signed and verified, of the Town Clerk, as the agent upon whom process against the owner may be served, and the post office address, within or without the Town of Tuxedo, to which the Town Clerk may mail a copy of any process against such owner served upon the Town Clerk.
Whenever process is served upon the Town Clerk, he shall promptly mail, by certified mail, addressed to the agent named in said designation at the address therein set forth, a true copy of said process.
Attached to such statement and designation shall be a certificate properly certified by the owner that he is the owner of the premises with respect to which such statement or designation is filed.
Every owner of a building located within the Town of Tuxedo shall post, and keep posted, in a conspicuous place in a main public area in said building, a notice, at least six by eight (6 x 8) inches in size, setting forth:
Exception. In the event that a building is:
Any person, firm or corporation who violates, disobeys, neglects or refuses to comply with any of the terms of this chapter shall be guilty of a violation and be subject to a fine of not more than $500. Each week a violation continues shall be deemed a separate offense.
The effective date of this chapter shall be upon the filing with the Secretary of State.