[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Aldermen of the City of Melrose as Rev. Ords. 1976, §§ 1-9 to 1-13 (Rev. Ords. 1989, §§ 1-7 to 1-10). Amendments noted where applicable.]
Description. The Corporate Seal of the City shall be in the form of three concentric circles, having in the upper part of the inner circle the words "Explored 1628" and underneath the words, consecutively: "Charlestown 1629," "Pondfeilde 1638" and "Malden, North End, 1649." Within the upper part of the middle circle shall be the words "Town of Melrose" and in the lower part the words "Incorporated 1850." Within the upper part of the outer circle shall be the words "City of Melrose" and in the lower part the words "Incorporated 1900."
Keeper; use generally. The City Clerk shall be the ex officio keeper of the City Seal but shall permit the Mayor or any other City officer to affix the same to any document to which the City Seal is required to be affixed.
All deeds and other legal documents made, given or entered into by the City requiring a seal shall be sealed with the City Seal and shall be signed and acknowledged in behalf of the City by the Mayor.
All motor vehicles owned by the City and under the charge of any department thereof shall have affixed on the outside thereof a facsimile of the City Seal not less than eight inches in diameter and shall also have so designated, in letters not less than two inches in height, the name of such department.
Description. The flag of the City shall bear three stripes of equal width, running the length of the flag. The top stripe shall be red, with the words "City of Melrose" in white letters centered thereon. The middle stripe shall be white, with an outline of a shield centered thereon, bearing a representation of the Upham House in brown and the words "Upham House" and the numerals "1703" imprinted in green thereon. The bottom stripe shall be red, with the year "1900" in white letters centered thereon.
Custodian. The City Clerk shall be custodian of the City Flag.