Traffic control signals shall be installed and operated at the intersection of those streets described below. The traffic signal installation shall be in accordance with the provisions of An Act Concerning Motor Vehicles and Traffic Regulations, Subtitle 1 of Title 39 of the New Jersey Statutes Annotated, and shall conform to the design and shall be maintained in operation as authorized by the Department of Transportation of the State of New Jersey.
The speed limit for both directions of traffic along the streets or parts thereof described below is hereby established at the rate of speed indicated. Regulatory and warning signs shall be erected and maintained to effect the designated speed limits.
The streets or parts of streets described below are hereby designated as one-way streets in the direction indicated:
Editor's Note: This ordinance provided for an effective date extended to 9-1-2010.
[Amended 6-13-2002 by Ord. No. 7-2002; 12-19-2002 by Ord. No. 13-2002; 3-13-2003 by Ord. No. 4-2003]
No person shall make a U-turn on any of the streets or any parts of the streets herein described below.
Definition of u-turn. For purposes of this section, a U-turn shall be defined as any turn greater than a turn which has a ninety-degree angle. This definition shall include, but is not limited to, turns being made from Philadelphia Avenue across oncoming traffic to park on the opposite side of the street (by way of example, southbound on Philadelphia Avenue, attempting a left turn to park on the north side of Philadelphia Avenue).
No person shall make a turn of the kind designated (left, right, all) at any of the locations described below:
No person shall make a right turn when facing a steady red signal (stop indication) at any of the locations described below:
The streets or parts of streets described below are hereby designated as through streets. Stop signs shall be installed on the near right side of each street intersecting the through street except where yield signs are provided for in the designations.
The intersections described below are hereby designated as stop intersections. Stop signs shall be installed as provided therein.
Multiway stop intersections. Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 39:4-197, the intersections described are hereby designated as multiway stop intersections. Stop signs shall be installed as provided therein.
[Added 6-14-2012 by Ord. No. 10-2012]
On Tenth Terrace at Diesterweg Street; on Diesterweg Street at Tenth Terrace; on Tenth Terrace at Diesterweg Street.
The intersection of Diesterweg Street and St. Louis Avenue in the City of Egg Harbor is designated a four-way stop intersection.
[Added 9-13-2012 by Ord. No. 16-2012]
The intersection of St. Louis Avenue and Beethoven Street in the City of Egg Harbor is designated a four-way stop intersection.
[Added 7-19-2018 by Ord. No. 8-2018]
The intersection of St. Louis Avenue and Claudius Street in the City of Egg Harbor is designated a four-way stop intersection.
[Added 7-19-2018 by Ord. No. 8-2018]
The intersection of Havana Avenue and Claudius Street in the City of Egg Harbor is designated a four-way stop intersection.
[Added 7-19-2018 by Ord. No. 8-2018]
The intersections described below are hereby designated as yield intersections. Yield signs shall be installed as provided therein.
The lane locations described below are hereby designated as lane use reservations, and traffic shall move only as indicated.
No-passing zones are hereby established and shall be maintained along those streets or parts of streets described below, as authorized by the New Jersey Department of Transportation in accordance with the sketch dated and numbered as indicated.
[Amended 6-13-2002 by Ord. No. 8-2002; 12-19-2002 by Ord. No. 14-2002]
All vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 16,000 pounds or more including cars, trucks, trailers, buses, of any sort, nature or type, shall not be permitted to park on any street or terrace, or any portion thereof. Moreover, any vehicle over 16,000 pounds shall not be permitted to park on any such street or terrace except for such reasonable amount of time to allow for the pickup or delivery of persons or materials on such street or terrace.
No trailer, camper or recreational vehicle shall be permitted to be parked or stored on any street or terrace or any part thereof.
- OWNER OF TRAILER/ RECREATIONAL VEHICLE
- The owner of the trailer or recreational vehicle, as defined herein above, shall be in the case of registered vehicles or trailers the owner as it appears on the registration and/or title of said vehicle or trailer as that is issued through the New Jersey Division of Motor Vehicles and/or the Division of Motor Vehicles of any other state.
- The standing or waiting on a street, road or highway of a vehicle not actually engaged in receiving or discharging passengers or merchandise, unless in abeyance to traffic regulations or traffic signs or signals.
- RECREATIONAL VEHICLES OR CAMPER
- Includes any vehicle generally known as a recreational vehicle or a camper, whether or not it is required to be registered by the New Jersey Division of Motor Vehicles and/or the Division of Motor Vehicles of any other state. It shall include all such recreational vehicles or campers with or without mode of power and shall include, without limitation, recreational vehicles and campers with engines or the capacity to travel and move without being towed by another vehicle.
- STANDARD OF 16,000 POUNDS
- For purposes of this section, any vehicle whose registered gross vehicle weight is 1 6,000 pounds or greater shall be subject to the terms and provisions of this section.
- STORE OR STORAGE
- To keep or permit a vehicle, trailer, camper or recreational vehicle to be situated on a street or terrace or any part thereof, in a stationary position for a period of time in excess of 30 minutes or such time as is reasonably necessary under the circumstances for the loading and unloading or cleaning of said vehicle, trailer, camper or recreational vehicle.
- A separate vehicle, not driven or propelled by its own power, but drawn by some independent power. "Trailer" shall mean every vehicle designed for carrying persons or property and for being drawn by a motor vehicle. It shall include, but is not limited to, campers, camping pop-up trailers, boat trailers, trailers used in the transportation of any and all property or equipment including, without limitation, motorcycles, jet skis, lawn-cutting equipment, and construction equipment. It shall include, but is not limited to, trailers which are open and those which are completely enclosed and shall include any trailer regardless of the gross weight vehicle and/or carrying capacity of same and shall include all such trailers whether or not they are required to be or are, in fact, registered as a motor vehicle and/or trailer through the State of New Jersey or any other state.
- Includes, but is not limited to, cars, trucks, buses and trailers.
Entity or person liable/responsible. No individual shall permit any vehicle with gross weight of 16,000 pounds or more, or trailer, camper or recreational vehicle owned by them, as defined herein, to park and/or be stored on any terrace or roadway in the City of Egg Harbor City. The registered owner of said trailer, camper or recreational vehicle or vehicle of 16,000 pounds or more, to the extent they are registered or by law are required to be registered, shall be responsible for any violation of this section. In those instances where vehicles, trailers, campers or recreational vehicles are not registered and are not by law required to be registered, in that instance the actual owner of the trailer, camper or recreational vehicle and/or the individual who caused it to be parked or stored, shall be responsible for violations of this section.