[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Wolcott 5-6-1958. Amendments noted where applicable.]
This chapter shall be known as and may be cited as the "Bingo Licensing Ordinance."
As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- AUTHORIZED ORGANIZATION
- Includes only bona fide religious, charitable or nonprofit organizations of veterans, volunteer firemen and similar nonprofit organizations.
- BINGO or GAME
- Includes a specific game of chance, commonly known as "bingo" or "lotto," in which prizes are awarded on the basis of designated numbers or symbols on a card conforming to numbers or symbols selected at random.
- CONTROL COMMISSION
- The State Lottery Control Commission.
- A license issued pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
- The Village of Wolcott, New York.
No person, firm, association, corporation or organization, other than an authorized organization licensed under the provisions of this chapter, shall be permitted to conduct such games.
The entire net proceeds of any game shall be exclusively devoted to the lawful purposes of the organization permitted to conduct the same.
No single prize shall exceed the sum or value of $250.
No series of prizes on any one occasion shall aggregate more than $1,000.
No person except a bona fide member of any such organization shall participate in the management or operation of such game.
No person shall receive any remuneration for participating in the management or operation of any such game.
The unauthorized conduct of a bingo game and any willful violation of any provision of any such local law or ordinance shall constitute and be punishable as a misdemeanor.
All provisions of §§ 480 through 495, inclusive, of Article 10-G of the General Municipal Law, entitled "Local Option for Conduct of Certain Games of Chance by Certain Organizations," are hereby made a part of this chapter as if fully set forth herein.
The provisions of this chapter remain inoperative until a proposition therefor submitted at a general or special election shall be approved by a vote of the majority of the electors voting thereon.
Editor's Note: This chapter was approved by a majority of the qualified electors at the election held 5-27-1958.