[HISTORY: Adopted by the City Council of the City of West Haven 10-25-1965 by Ord. No. 49. Amendments noted where applicable.]
For the purpose of this chapter, the following definitions shall apply:
- COIN-OPERATED DRY CLEANING
- The cleaning of textiles, fabrics, garments or other articles by the use of any solvent other than water in a dry-cleaning unit and designed to be used or used by the general public.
- COIN-OPERATED LAUNDRY
- The washing and drying of textiles, fabrics, garments or other articles by the use of a mechanical washing or drying machine operated by the use of coins and designated to be used or used by the general public.
- Includes an individual, any combination of individuals or a corporation.
- USED BY THE GENERAL PUBLIC
- Refers to the insertion of such articles into a dry-cleaning unit or the removal of the same from such unit by a person or persons other than an employee of a dry-cleaning establishment or person owning and operating such establishment.
No coin-operated laundry or coin-operated dry-cleaning establishment shall be open to the general public between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. unless such establishment is under the direct supervision of a person owning and operating such establishment or an employee of such owner who shall be present in the premises during the above hours.
Any person who violates the provisions of this chapter shall be fined not more than $25.