[HISTORY: Adopted by the Mayor and Council of the Borough of East Rutherford 1-1-1982 as Sec. 3-2 of the 1982 Recodification. Amendments noted where applicable.]
For the purposes of this chapter, the following terms, phrases, words and their derivations shall have the meanings given herein:
- Encompasses but is not necessarily limited to one or more of the following acts:
- A. Obstruction of the free, unhampered passage of pedestrians or vehicles.
- B. Obstructing, molesting or interfering with any person lawfully upon any street, park or other public place.
- C. Remaining idle in essentially one location without being able to establish the having of a legitimate business or purpose in so remaining idle; or exhibiting, through conduct, the absence of a lawful purpose in so remaining idle.
- D. Conduct involving the concept of standing idly by, loafing, walking about aimlessly without constructive purpose.
- E. Refusing to move on when so requested by a peace officer, provided that the peace officer has exercised his discretion reasonably under the circumstances in order to preserve or promote public peace and order.
- OTHER PUBLIC PLACE
- Includes the public or quasi-public area in front of or adjacent to any store, shop or other place of business and shall also include any parking lots or other vacant private property not owned or under the dominion of the person charged with a violation of this chapter.
No person shall remain idle or lounge or loiter in, on about or around any street or other public place or shop or business or commercial establishment or any private property or place or at any public gathering or assembly without lawful purpose or business therein or thereon.